Once the Northwestern Ladies Invitational is completed next Tuesday, we will doing an extensive amount of work on the golf course. We will be aerifying and topdressing fairways and tees. Our aerification on the blue and red nines will depend on the 14 day forecast after next Tuesday. If the forecast is for fairly mild weather we will aerify the red and blue greens next week. If the weather is unfavorable, we will have to wait until the spring to aerify.
I do not want to leave the new greens with open holes over the winter. For the safety of the grassplant and the quality of the course for member play, I want to make sure that when we do aerify that the weather is conducive to a quick turf recovery.
If you plan on bringing out guests during the fall, please contact the golf shop or my office for aerification updates.
Also remember that the grass hitting surfaces on the range and the short game area will close October 1st for the winter to allow the turf to recover from the season usage.